I’m very happy to announce that all the artwork for the Green Witch Tarot has been completed and turned in to the publisher. It’s been quite a ride since we began the project 1 year and 3 months ago.
My artwork has definitely improved since the first card, as have my process. Looking back at some of the early cards now I almost want to repaint them but it’s an endless circle as you keep on growing with every bit of work you do. That being said Ann Moura and I did decide to revise a couple of the cards, most notably will be the changes we made to the Standing Stone (It’s much prettier now!).
It’s definitely going to be interesting to see how it will all look in print. I’ve attached some of the last cards below. The final card I did was the 8 of Athames, which is one of my favourites illustration wise.
One of the main challenges on a project like this is to illustrate from detailed descriptions, thought up by another mind than your own. All of the imagery was decided ahead of time by Ann Moura, and my task was to translate her descriptions into visuals. It worked out well and the publisher was really pleased with how well we worked together, which was great!
It was a definitely a pleasure working with Ann, she’s a very kind and lovely woman but now I am itching to do some artwork of my own! I’m planning to overhaul my portfolio with new work, it’ll take a while but it’ll be fun and I also have some children’s book ideas I’m eager to work on.
But first, time for vacation!